Scoil Chaitríona was founded in 1928 in Eccles St. to provide education through the medium of Irish for girls. It was founded by the Dominican Sisters who ran the school until 2009 when the Le Chéile Trust were appointed as trustees. Click here for more information on the Le Chéile Trust. The school maintains the Domincan ethos in which it was founded. More information on the Dominican Sister here.
It was the first Second Level all Irish School in Ireland for girls.
Scoil Chaitríona moved to its present site in Móbhí Road, Glasnevin in 1972.
It first opened its doors to boys in 1986.
Irish is the spoken language of the School and all subjects are taught through this medium.
There are currently 460 pupils attending Scoil Chaitríona. Every effort is made to inspire the pupils with a deep sense of our Irish heritage and traditional values.